As a specialist high volume scanning services provider, Hugh Symons has capacity to scan in excess of 2 million images per day. We utilise a variety of industry-leading scanning hardware to meet customer specific requirements, all in accordance with the highest levels of relevant Standards and procedures. Our high volume document scanning services are able to accommodate projects of all sizes for all document types and applications.
Hugh Symons Scanning Services
- All scanning procedures are in accordance with ISO 9001, ISO 27001, ISO 14001, BS10008, Cyber Essentials Plus and the NHS Data Security and Protection Toolkit
- We provide a secure collection service using our own staff and vehicles
- Hugh Symons scans documents up to A0 size, in colour and black & white
- Document preparation is undertaken as standard – this includes removing staples, clips, plastic wallets etc to get documents ready for scanning
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) can be applied to make data searchable within scanned files
- Redaction services can be provided
- Scanned data is output to all standard image formats
- Image and metadata files can be provided in formats ready for upload to all Electronic Document and Records Management (EDRM) systems
- A File Retrieval Service ensures ongoing access to data when it is with Hugh Symons for scanning
- Free software for retrieval and viewing files can be provided where customers do not have, or require, an EDRM system or as an interim solution prior to upload to an EDRM system
- Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) can be used to deliver encrypted data securely and efficiently
- Secure document destruction is provided by Hugh Symons if required
We have extensive experience of converting archive files to digital and helping customers get on top of filing backlogs that may date back decades. Where it is not feasible for organisations to manage this process internally, we are able to provide a cost-effective, secure and efficient service to deal with paperwork backlogs.
From our scanning hubs in the south and the north of England, Hugh Symons has the resources to manage projects of all sizes: providing an end-to-end solution from collection to final secure authorised destruction of original documents (where required) and delivery of data in a file format to suit the customer.
Hugh Symons has the capacity to scan more than two million images per day, and with extensive experience of handling high volume projects, we have the flexibility to scale up production substantially in order to meet the demands of specific contracts with no impact on service levels to existing customers.
After backlog archives have been digitised many organisations continue to create documents in hard copy. We are able to provide an ongoing scanning service that helps customers avoid building up hard copy archives again. There are numerous options for ongoing scanning services and we can advise on the best approach for individual organisations.
Hugh Symons is typically involved in managed offsite scanning services. However, we have also worked on projects that have required an onsite solution to be provided. We are able to set up an onsite scanning resource and provide highly trained staff at customer sites for requirements where it is not feasible for files to be removed for offsite scanning.